Blog Post #8

The video by EON reality entitled “Panel #1 – Associate Professor Matt Bower, Macquarie University” provided insightful recommendations for how a classroom in 2030 may look regarding the use of technology. One of the main themes in the video that I found interesting was when the speaker discussed that teachers will determine technology in the classroom in 2030 rather than technology itself in a given time. In other words, no matter how technologically advanced the world has become in 2030, teachers determine whether it will be implemented in the classroom. At surface level this may seem obvious, however, the speaker is trying to communicate the importance of having teachers up to date with technology. The likelihood of teachers implementing technology in the classroom when they have limited training and understanding of the technology is small. Thus, emphasizing the importance of informative and up to date training for teachers to create a classroom environment that benefits students learning through technology and other multimedia strategies. 

Additionally, I agree with the speakers prediction of AI, AR and VR being prevalent in future classrooms. More specifically, I see many benefits from his description of AR visual simulations in the classroom. Learners who benefit from visual learning strategies are able to vastly improve their knowledge in an interactive and technologically advanced way. Not to mention the indirect benefits this has to the students in an increasingly technologically based world and their understanding of technology. 

Reference:

Major, E. (2020, October 12). 4 ways to use augmented and virtual reality apps in the classroom. Common Sense Education. Retrieved November 21, 2021, from https://www.commonsense.org/education/articles/4-ways-to-use-augmented-and-virtual-reality-apps-in-the-classroom. 

2 Replies to “Blog Post #8”

1. Hi Emily,

Great blog post! I agree with you how AR can be beneficial to our future classrooms. This is an excellent multimedia tool for visual learners. You stated a great point about keeping up with technology. I think that is an important part of teaching!
    Thanks for sharing!
    Rianne

2. Hi, thanks for sharing. I agree that visual learners would benefit from this a lot, as well as more hands-on learners since this technology can often be made into hands on work! Thanks