Blog Post #1

Throughout this class, I hope to improve my skills of developing a useful online learning platform and further explore tools that will be beneficial for my career as a teacher. Since I am planning to become an elementary school teacher after university, this class is particularly helpful for my preparation. Nonetheless, I aspire to expand my knowledge of multimedia and digital interaction learning to facilitate for diverse learning strategies students have in my classroom.

While reflecting on previous learning experiences that had a positive impact on my learning, one using an interactive learning experience comes to mind. In my human anatomy class, we learned about the lungs. Since the anatomy of a human is complex and includes many different working components, using a simple lecturing approach would be less beneficial compared to using a hands on and interactive approach. The instructors of the human anatomy course brought in a real set of cow lungs to supplement their lecture and preform an interactive learning approach. Though this demonstration, the professors taught the information verbally while demonstrating the actions visually and pointing out the parts on the lungs. This was particularly impactful for my learning experience as it allowed me to make visual and verbal connections to the course material. With that being said, I understand that this method may not be as impactful for other learners due to the diversity in learning strategies.